Across the years, Christians have gathered to pray and to bear one another’s burdens. The Upper Room receives about 800 prayer requests per day through its online prayer wall and prayer phone hotline. Each prayer is received by one of our dedicated, trained volunteers and prayed for by name and need. The new online prayer wall reflects the needs of so many. Please take a few minutes and read through the prayer requests posted here: http://prayer-center.upperroom.org/prayer-wall
Materials needed: iPad, wifi setting, quiet space with chair. Instructions on sign for participants.
1. Go online to http://prayer-center.upperroom.org/prayer-wall. Read through the prayers. Does one request really catch your attention? If so, why?
2. Say a prayer for this person and ask God to care for his or her need. Please respond online to this person if you think that would be helpful.
3. What are your prayers you are willing to share? Post your prayer now or you can call our prayer line 1-800-251-2468 (7:00 am – 11:00 pm CST) to have someone pray with you.
- Put up a white board, chalk board, bulletin board, roll of butcher paper or some other way that allows participants to post their prayer requests. Provide markers, chalk, or post-it notes. Encourage participants to not only post prayers but to pray for those who have posted their needs.
- You can also use a fisherman’s net and provide strips of fabrics. Participants can write their prayer request on a fabric strip and tie it to the net.
More Prayer Space Ideas: